Four people are dead after a string of shootings in several Orange County cities and a number of roads and freeway ramps are closed for the investigation.
The Orange County Register reports that the first shooting happened in Ladera Ranch where one person was killed inide a home. The suspect then jumped in an SUV and took off.
Next, the suspect attempted to car jack vehicles in Tustin. A bystander was shot at Red Hill and Nisson. Then cops heard about more shootings near Village Way and the 55 freeway. More reports came in of a man with a gun at Newport and Edinger where two people were shot before the shooter took another vehicle.
Cops then found the guy on the 55 freeway where he shot and killed himself.
The 55 SOUTH McFadden off-ramp is closed with police activity while the investigation continues. 55 SOUTH traffic is jammed from the 91.
55 NORTH Katella off-ramp is closed.
More to come.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST:
- Happening Now in the IE: The Hunt Continues. UPDATE on the Freeway Shootings.
- Happening Now in the IE: The Hunt is Over. UPDATE on the Freeway Shootings.
- 5 NORTH BEACH BLVD RAMP CLOSED DUE TO FATAL ACCIDENT IN BUENA PARK
- Man Hospitalized After Crashing Into Pole On 57 Freeway Off-Ramp In Brea
- OBAMA TRAFFIC IMPACTS: BUS, RAIL, FREEWAY, STREET CLOSURES AND DISRUPTIONS