Arno Shakhmalian has been identified as the victim of the fatal accident on the 210 freeway in Pasadena earlier today.
CHP says that Shakhmalian and another 18 year old girl were headed westbound along the freeway around 9:20 when he lost control of his Lexus RX300 and spun out in lanes.
Both Shakhmalian and the girl got out of the Lexus and then ran across the freeway towards the center divider.
A man driving a large box truck was unable to avoid hitting Shakhmalian as he darted in the path of the vehicle.
Shakhmalian was pronounced dead at Huntington Hospital about an hour later.
CHP continues to investigate the collision
A man is dead after a fatal crash on the 210 WEST at Arroyo in Pasadena.
CHP reports indicate he was hit a box truck while crossing lanes on the 210 freeway around 9:30 this morning.
Witnesses said the box truck tried to avoid hitting him and another woman that was with him.
The woman appears to have survived.
A maroon Lexus was also involved in the accident, however it is not clear the chain of events that led to the man being struck.
CHP had one lane closed on the 210 EAST and two lanes on the 210 WEST while they investigated.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST:
- Christian Robles Dead and Woman Injured in Fatal Accident on Maple St in Pasadena
- Jessica Luna Dead after Fatal Accident on 10 in West Covina
- 210 WEST, 134 EAST CLOSED DUE TO BIG RIG CRASH IN PASADENA
- 210 WEST TRAFFIC JAMMED AT HILL DUE TO FED-EX BIG RIG CRASH IN PASADENA
- 110 SOUTH before York in Pasadena Closed after Fatal Crash