Wondering about street closures for the 2013 Rose Parade or where to park for the Rose Parade? You’ve come to the right place.
The 124th Tournament of Roses Parade takes place on Tuesday, January 1.
Rose Parade Route
As always, the 5.5 mile route begins at the intersection of Green Street and Orange Grove Blvd. It heads north on Orange Grove, then east on Colorado. At the end, it turns north on to Sierra Madre Blvd and ends at Sierra Madre and Villa.
The parade route will be closed on Tuesday, January 1 from 7am to 11am.
Rose Parade Street Closures
8pm, December 31 to 11am, January 1 - Formation Area
- Pasadena Ave between Columbia St and Del Mar
- Grand Ave between Columbia St and Green St
- Green St between St John and Del Mar
- St John Ave between Green St and Waverly
- Waverly, Del Mar between Pasadena and Orange Grove
- California Blvd, Palmetto Dr, Bellevue Dr between Grand and Pasadena Ave
Midnight, December 31 to 11am, January 1
- Colorado St Bridge
January 1, 7am-Noon – Rose Parade Route
- Orange Grove Blvd from Del Mar to Colorado Blvd
- Colorado Blvd from Orange Grove to Sierra Madre
- Sierra Madre Blvd from Colorado Blvd to Villa St
January 1, 6am-10pm – Rose Bowl Loop
- Seco, Rosemont, Washington, West Drive
Rose Parade Freeway Ramp Closures
No freeways will be closed, but several ramps will be affected by the parade. These are the usual Rose Parade freeway ramp closures but we have not received the official information from Caltrans yet with times.
134 EAST Orange Grove off-ramp closed from 8pm, Dec 31 to noon, Jan 1
134 WEST Orange Grove on-ramp closed midnight til noon, Jan 1
210 EAST and WEST Sierra Madre off-ramps closed from 8pm, Dec 31 to 6pm, Jan 1
710 SOUTH Del Mar off-ramp closed from 6pm, Dec 31 to noon, Jan 1
710 NORTH Del Mar Blvd on-ramp and California Blvd on-ramp closed from 6pm, Dec 31 to noon, Jan 1.
Paid parking is first come first served at various lots around the city near the parade route.
You can get reserved parking through the Sharp Seating Company.
No parking is allowed along the parade route. Overnight parking restrictions will be lifted leading up and until shortly after the parade although we don’t have the official days yet. All “no parking” areas and red curb zones remain off-limits.
Motor home searches will be performed by the police department. Once inspected, you will receive a decal.
Rose Parade Public Transportation
Metro is recommending that you purchase an all-day pass.
From East LA-Atlantic or Downtown LA-Union Station, board the Gold Line toward Pasadena-Sierra Madre Villa, then exit at any of the following stations which are within short walking distance of the parade route: Del Mar, Memorial Park, Lake and Allen.
From Sierra Madre Villa, customers should board any train, then exit at any of the following stations which are within short walking distance of the parade route: Allen, Lake, Memorial Park and Del Mar.
Longer and more frequent trains will operate between Downtown LA-Union Station & Pasadena-Sierra Madre Villa. Please use the entire boarding platform when boarding.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST:
- 2012 Rose Parade Street Closures and Parking Information
- Rose Parade: Street Closures and Parking Information
- Gold Cup USA vs Mexico at Rose Bowl Directions, Parking and Transit Information
- LA Pride Street Closures, Parking Information and Bus Detours in West Hollywood for 2011
- LA Pride Street Closures, Parking Information in West Hollywood for 2012