La Pata Ave at Ortega Hwy in San Juan Capistrano after a gas leak.
Dana Point Patch reports that workers hit an 8 inch natural gas line at the corner of Ortega Hwy and La Pata Ave.
Students were trapped at nearby San Juan Hills High for almost two hours to allow the gas to dissipate.
La Pata Ave was opened for a short while to allow students to leave and then closed again.
Only one lane will be open tomorrow for kids coming to school. Officials say drivers should be patient and leave early to allow for any extra delay.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST:
- ORTEGA HIGHWAY (74) CLOSED AT LA PATA AVE IN SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO DUE TO CRASH
- Ortega Highway (74) Closed in Both Directions Just East of La Pata Ave
- ORTEGA HWY (74) CLOSED NEAR NICHOLS INSTITUTE DUE TO FATAL ACCIDENT
- ORTEGA HWY (74) CLOSED DUE TO HEAD ON CRASH
- 5 NORTH CLOSED AT ORTEGA HWY DUE TO HAZMAT SPILL