A man is safe after officers talked him out of jumping on the 405 freeway in Costa Mesa.
CHP got reports around 4pm of a man on the side of the freeway. The Orange County Register reports that cops found a 51 year old man who had climbed the wall over Harbor and wouldn’t come down.
The two right lanes of the 405 SOUTH were closed and northbound Harbor was shut down while a crisis officer from Costa Mesa tried to convince the man to come down.
The guy finally agreed to come down around 5:15. He was taken to Western Medical Center for mental evaluation.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST:
- Teenage Girl Survives Suicide Jump Onto Busy 405 Freeway
- 5 CLOSED AT CRISTIANITOS DUE TO JUMPER IN SAN CLEMENTE
- 210 WEST CLOSED AT WATERMAN DUE TO JUMPER IN SAN BERNARDINO
- Francisco Soloman Sanchez Jumps off 210 Bridge, Dies After 10 Other Suicide Attempts
- ORTEGA HWY (74) CLOSED DUE TO CRASH, POSSIBLE SUICIDE ATTEMPT