It’s time for the biggest Halloween event in Southern California – the annual West Hollywood Street Carnaval. Santa Monica Blvd as well as several other streets will be closed for the event. Here’s the info to help you get around, through and to the event!
Street Closures for West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval
12:01am Wed, Oct 31 to 7am Thur, Nov 1
- San Vicente Blvd between Melrose Ave and Santa Monica Blvd
Noon Wed, Oct 31 to 6am Thur, Nov 1
- Santa Monica Blvd between Doheney Dr and La Cienega Blvd (including all side streets)
- Robertson Blvd between Melrose Ave and Santa Monica Blvd
- San Vicente Blvd between Cynthia St and Santa Monica Blvd
- La Peer Dr eastbound turn lane on to Santa Monica Blvd
- Almont Dr and La Peer Dr between Santa Monica and Melrose Ave
4pm Wed, Oct 31 to 6am Thur, Nov 1
- Santa Monica Blvd between La Cienega and Holloway
- La Cienega Blvd bettween Sunset Blvd and Santa Monica Blvd (NB La Cienega remains open between Holloway and Sunset)
- Sunset Blvd turn lanes on to La Cienega Blvd
Parking for the West Hollywood Caranval
- It’ll be a parking free-for-all as all permit parking will be SUSPENDED between 5pm Monday and 12noon on Tuesday!
- Metered parking will still be enforced!
- For $20 you can use any of the city lots and parking structures.
- If you park over the border in the city of Los Angeles, pay attention to their parking restrictions
- The City of West Hollywood will also offer a CityLine shuttle along Santa Monica between Fuller and La Cienega between 5:30pm and 12:30am.
- City Hall: Santa Monica and Sweetzer
- Kings Road: Santa Monica and Kings Rd
- Havenhurst: Lot: Santa Monica and Havenhurst
- La Peer: Melrose and La Peer
- Orange Grove: Santa Monica and Orange Grove
- Pacific Design Center: Melrose south of Santa Monica
- Spaulding: Santa Monica and Spaulding
- Sunset: Sunset and Horn
- Hancock: Santa Monica and Hancock
Map of Closures for West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval
Orange are street closures, Green is the CityLine shuttle service route, Red dots are parking lots/structures.
Your best parking course of action may be to park in one of the lots (red dots) along the shuttle route (green) and take that in to the festival.
Bus Detours for West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval
A number of bus lines will be affected by the closure as well.
The biggest ones are 4 and 704. There will be no service on Santa Monica Blvd between Doheney and Fairfax.
Lines 2, 10, 105/705, 218 and 305 will operate but with some detours.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST:
- West Hollywood 2011 Halloween Carnaval Street Closures, Parking, Bus and Shuttle Information
- LA Pride Street Closures, Parking Information in West Hollywood for 2012
- LA Pride Street Closures, Parking Information and Bus Detours in West Hollywood for 2011
- West Hollywood Halloween Carnival Street Closures and Map: Santa Monica, La Cienega, Robertson, San Vicente Closed
- 2012 X Games 18 Street Closures, Parking, Traffic Information