The fuel spill on the 405 NORTH at Getty Center has been cleaned up and all lanes are now open.
Only the right lane is open on the 405 NORTH at Getty Center after a truck crashed and spilled fuel.
Initial reports came in shortly after 3am. Witnesses told CHP that a tractor trailer had struck some type of debris.
The truck was over on the right shoulder but slipper diesel fuel covered all lanes.
By 4:30am, officials had reopened the slow lane but decided to close it again sooon after and divert traffic off at Getty Center.
Around 6:45am, word came down that the five left lanes would be closed until after 9am. Officials say they will open the left hand lanes first and move to the right.
405 NORTH traffic is jammed from La Tijera. 405 SOUTH traffic is jammed from Victory.
Sepulveda traffic is also completely jammed right now. However, if you are coming from the South Bay and need to get to Santa Monica or West LA there is a good alternate – take the 90 WEST, exit Centinela and turn right. Continue to drive north – Centinela becomes Bundy and you can take that as far north as Sunset.
Published at 7:37am (10-19-2012)
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST:
- 405 NORTH TRAFFIC JAMMED AT GETTY CENTER DUE TO CRASH
- 10 WEST CLOSED AT 177 IN DESERT CENTER DUE TO BIG RIG CRASH, FUEL SPILL
- 405 NORTH LANES CLOSED AT GETTY CENTER DRIVE DUE TO CRASH INVOLVING TRACTOR TRAILER
- 405 SOUTH TRAFFIC JAMMED AT GETTY CENTER DUE TO CRASH
- 405 NORTH Closed at Getty Center for Sign Replacement on Saturday, September 24