Update 2:09pm (10-11-2012)
Dennis Holden has been identified as the victim in the fatal crash on the 5 NORTH at Ortega Hwy on Oct 9.
Only the carpool lane is open on the 5 NORTH at Ortega Hwy after a fatal crash in San Juan Capistrano.
Details are sketchy, but CHP told the Orange County Register that the collision occured around 11am. The victim is a guy that was driving a white Lexus SUV. He had smashed in to the back of a tow truck.
The tow truck driver is in the hospital with moderate injures.
It is unknown when lanes will reopen.
5 NORTH traffic is jammed from Ave Presidio.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST:
- 5 NORTH TRAFFIC JAMMED BEFORE ORTEGA HWY DUE TO CAR CRASH
- 5 NORTH TRAFFIC JAMMED BEFORE ORTEGA HWY DUE TO A CAR FIRE
- 605 NORTH TRAFFIC JAMMED AT SOUTH ST DUE TO FATAL BIG RIG ACCIDENT
- 5 NORTH TRAFFIC JAMMED AT BRANFORD DUE TO FATAL MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT
- ORTEGA HWY (74) CLOSED NEAR NICHOLS INSTITUTE DUE TO FATAL ACCIDENT