Another car free CicLAvia event will be going on Sunday, October 7. Car free means street closures across Downtown Los Angeles, Boyle Heights, Macarthur Park and Exposition Park. Add to that the big Obama fundraising concert at Nokia Theater and you’re looking at some big traffic tie-ups.
LA Department of Transportation officials say that closures for CicLAvia will begin as early as 6am and last as late as 5pm. The event itself takes place between 10am and 3pm.
CicLAvia Street Closures
- Figueroa between Exposition and 7th
- 7th between Hoover and Spring
- Spring between 7th and Ord
- Broadway between Ord and College
- W 1st between Spring and Central
- Central between 1st and 4th
- 4th between Central and Boyle
- Boyle between 4th and 1st
- E 1st between Boyle and Soto
There will be 20 crossing points along the route. Here is a map of CicLAvia street closures and crossing points.
LA Department of Transportation has not said how the President’s visit on Sunday may affect the CicLAvia event.
We’ll keep you posted.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST: