Beverly Hills police officer Jeffrey Sweet is facing DUI charges after allegedly driving drunk and crahing in to a house in Simi Valley.
Cops tell the Ventura County Star that the crash happened around 10:22pm. A car heading east on Royal Ave missed a curve near Blackstock and not only slammed in to the house, but also took down a utility pole and ended up on its roof.
Sweet didn’t appear to have any major injuries but was taken to the hospital after complaining of pain.
Beverly Hills Police Professional Standards Unit is helping out with the investigation. Sweet has been with the department for 18 years.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST:
- Beverly Hills Remains Opposed to Subway Tunnel Under Beverly Hills High
- Beverly Hills Bus Crash Injures at Least Nine People
- SANTA MONICA, WILSHIRE CLOSED DUE TO CRASH IN BEVERLY HILLS
- ROBERTSON CLOSED IN BEVERLY HILLS FOR MAJOR ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION
- Beverly Hills Bomb Scare, Suspicious Package Closes Rodeo Dr, Camden Dr