Caltrans is warning motorists of potential traffic delays overnight on I-5 in the Grapevine area.
Up to two lanes will be closed in either direction between Vista del Lago and the Kern County Line.
Lanes will close on the 5 NORTH starting at 5pm and remain shut down until noon the following day.
Lanes on the 5 SOUTH will close at 6pm and those closures will remain in effect until 3pm the following day.
A number of ramps will be closed at times, including the 5 SOUTH too 138 EAST and 138 WEST to 5 SOUTH transition roads.
Officials say that drivers should expect multiple simultaneous closures in different locations throughout the entire stretch.
The $100 million project is necessary to replace the freeway pavement, some of which dates back to the 1950s.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST:
- 210 Closed Overnight for Gold Line Bridge Construction Feb 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
- 405, Sunset Blvd Closed Overnight in West LA for Construction
- 405 Closed Overnight for 3 Days in Seal Beach for Construction
- 405 Closed Overnight in Seal Beach for Construction
- 405 Closed Overnight at Skirball for 3 Days in Sepulveda Pass for Construction