The 84th Academy Awards (r) will be held on Sunday, February 26, 2012 at the Kodak? (it might be called something else by then) Theater. The telecast begins at 4pm on ABC. Preparations are already underway for a number of street clousures in the Hollywood area for the Oscars (r).
Sunday, February 19, 2012
- Hollywood Blvd closed from Orange Dr to Highland Ave at 6am
Monday, February 20, 2012
- Hawthorn Alley closed from Hollywood Blvd to 200 ft south at 10pm
Friday, February 24, 2012
- Hawthorne Alley closed further from Highland Av to Orange Dr at 10pm; School buses allowed through on Friday
Saturday, February 25, 2012
- Orchid St closed from Franklin to Orchid Alley at 6am
- Orange Dr closed from Orchid Alley to Hollywood Blvd (except for local access and emergency vehicles) at 6am
- Johnny Grant Way closed from Highland Ave to Orchid St 10pm
Sunday, February 26, 2012
- Hawthorn Alley remainder closed from Orange Dr to Highland Ave at 12:01am
- Orange Dr closed from Hawhtorn Ave to Hollywood Blvd at 12:01am
- 101 NORTH & SOUTH Highland ramps closed
There are also closures in the West Hollywood area for Oscar related events between 2pm Sunday and 2am Monday:
- San Vicente closed between Santa Monica and Melrose
- Sunset Blvd – only one lane available eastbound between La Cienega and Sweetzer. Other lane reserved for special event attendees.
Metro Bus and Subway / Rail Detours
Bus Lines 156, 212, 222, 217 will be detoured.
The Red Line subway will bypass the Hollywood and Highland station.
The detours will occur between 4am Sunday and 6am Monday.
Here is a map of the street closures for the 2012 Academy Awards (Oscars).
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST: