Hundreds of thousands of people will descend on Santa Monica Blvd in West Hollywood for the 2011 Halloween Carnaval. Traffic and parking will be a nightmare, but we’re here to help make sure you get there all ghoul.. err good.
Street Closures for West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval
12:01am Mon, Oct 31 to 6am Tue, Nov 1
- San Vicente Blvd between Melrose Ave and Santa Monica Blvd
Noon Mon, Oct 31 to 6am Tue, Nov 1
- Santa Monica Blvd between Doheney Dr and La Cienega Blvd (including all side streets)
- Robertson Blvd between Melrose Ave and Santa Monica Blvd
- San Vicente Blvd between Cynthia St and Santa Monica Blvd
- La Peer Dr eastbound turn lane on to Santa Monica Blvd
- Almont Dr and La Peer Dr between Santa Monica and Melrose Ave
4pm Mon, Oct 31 to 6am Tue, Nov 1
- Santa Monica Blvd between La Cienega and Holloway
- La Cienega Blvd bettween Sunset Blvd and Santa Monica Blvd (NB La Cienega remains open between Holloway and Sunset)
- Sunset Blvd turn lanes on to La Cienega Blvd
Parking for the West Hollywood Caranval
- It’ll be a parking free-for-all as all permit parking will be SUSPENDED between 5pm Monday and 12noon on Tuesday!
- For $15 you can use any of the city lots and parking structures. ($20 at the Pacific Design Center)
- If you park over the border in the city of Los Angeles, pay attention to their parking restrictions
- The City of West Hollywood will also offer a CityLine shuttle along Santa Monica between Fuller and La Cienega between 5:30pm and 12:30am.
- City Hall: Santa Monica and Sweetzer
- Kings Road: Santa Monica and Kings Rd
- Havenhurst: Lot: Santa Monica and Havenhurst
- La Peer: Melrose and La Peer
- Orange Grove: Santa Monica and Orange Grove
- Pacific Design Center: Melrose south of Santa Monica
- Spaulding: Santa Monica and Spaulding
- Sunset: Sunset and Horn
- Hancock: Santa Monica and Hancock
Map of Closures for West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval
Orange are street closures, Green is the CityLine shuttle service route, Red dots are parking lots/structures.
Your best parking course of action may be to park in one of the lots (red dots) along the shuttle route (green) and take that in to the festival.
Bus Detours for West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval
A number of bus lines will be affected by the closure as well.
The biggest ones are 4 and 704. There will be no service on Santa Monica Blvd between Doheney and Fairfax.
Lines 2, 10, 105/705, 218 and 305 will operate but with some detours.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST:
- LA Pride Street Closures, Parking Information and Bus Detours in West Hollywood for 2011
- West Hollywood Halloween Carnival Street Closures and Map: Santa Monica, La Cienega, Robertson, San Vicente Closed
- 2011 X-Games 17 Street Closures, Traffic, Directions, Parking and Bus, Rail Information
- 2011 Ventura County Fair Directions, Parking, Traffic, Bus and Shuttle Information
- AIDS Walk Street Closures for Sunday, October 16 in West Hollywood, LA