The 27th Annual AIDS Walk is going on Sunday, October 16 and several major streets will be closed in Los Angeles and West Hollywood.
Festival organizers say Santa Monica Blvd should be completely reopened by 1pm. La Cienega should open after 1:30pm, but it will stay restricted at Beverly unttil 3pm.
La Brea and Beverly should reopen to all traffic by 3pm.
Weekend Long Closures
- San Vicente – Santa Monica to Melrose, Oct 15 at 6am until Oct 16 at 6pm
- San Vicente – Cynthia to Santa Monica, Oct 16 at Midnight until Oct 16 at 2pm
- Robertson – Melrose to Santa Monica
- La Peer – Melrose to Santa Monica
- Santa Monica - Doheney to Holloway
- La Cienega – Santa Monica to Melrose
- Melrose Place – La Cienega to Orlando
- Melrose Ave – La Cienega to La Brea
- Melrose Ave – La Cienega to Doheney
- La Brea – Melrose to Beverly
- Beverly - La Brea to San Vicente
- San Vicente - Beverly to Melrose (NB side only)
Here is a map of the 2011 AIDS Walk Route and Street Closures
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST:
- AIDS Walk Closures: Santa Monica, La Cienega, Melrose, Beverly, La Brea, San Vicente
- West Hollywood Halloween Carnival Street Closures and Map: Santa Monica, La Cienega, Robertson, San Vicente Closed
- 2010 Run for Her and Friendship Walk: San Vicente, 3rd Closed Sunday
- LA Pride Street Closures, Parking Information and Bus Detours in West Hollywood for 2011
- 2011 LA Marathon Street Closures through LA, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica