Update 8:34am (8-29-2011)
We received this email this morning telling us a little more about the man who died in the accident:
“The guy” killed was Johnny Giosa, a very well-loved musician, aspiring model/actor, and hair stylist. His most recent gig was drummer for 80′s rock band Bulletboys. He grew up here in Delaware County, PA and moved to LA about 6 years ago to pursue his career. He was a good friend to many people and will be sorely missed. We are all in shock at his sudden death.
A man is dead after his Volkswagen Beetle swerved off the 405 and crashed in to a pillar Sunday morning.
The accident happened around 4am at the Howard Hughes ramps along the 405. The guy was pronounced dead at the scene.
CHP continues to investigate the accident. Our Total Traffic war room reports the ramps from the freeway were closed until almost 8am.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST:
- 405 Off-Ramps Closed at Howard Hughes for Police Activity in Westchester
- 5 SOUTH Closed at Oso Pkwy in Mission Viejo After Fatal Accident
- CULVER DR IN IRVINE CLOSED DUE TO FATAL ACCIDENT
- Edward Breedlove Dead after Fatal Accident on 33 in Ventura County
- Woman Dead after Fatal Accident on 5 near Sunland Blvd in Sun Valley