Officer Ryan Stringer is dead after he collided with another police unit while responding to a robbery call Sunday morning.
The crash occured around 2:30am when officers were headed out to the scene. Police units ran in to each other at the intersection of Garfield Ave and Main St.
All the officers were treated by the Alhambra Fire Department and taken to the hospital. Stringer died of his injuries.
What makes it even crazier is that almost a year to the day, he was involved in a violent motorcycle accident on the 605 on his way to work.
The CHP is investigating the accident and the LA Sheriffs department is taking over the robbery investigation.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST:
- HAWTHORNE BLVD CLOSED IN TORRANCE DUE TO POLICE OFFICER ACCIDENT
- One Dead in Fatal Construction Zone DUI Crash on 10 WEST at Fremont in Alhambra
- ‘Jackass’ Star Ryan Dunn Killed in Car Crash in Pennsylvania
- Ryan Bonaminio Memorial Service: Funeral for Riverside Police Shooting Victim
- 110 SOUTH AT SLAUSON IN SOUTH LA CLOSED DUE TO ACCIDENT WITH POLICE OFFICER