Officials are still investigating a fatal truck accident this afternoon that had Kanan Dume Rd closed earlier today.
According to the Ventura County Star, the crash happened around 11:40am:
The big rig was carrying a full load of asphalt when he crashed into a power pole, two parked cars and a fire hydrant, according to officials at the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Lost Hills Station.
The roadway was flooded by the broken hydrant, and the big rig caught fire, officials said.
Kanan Dume Road was closed between Latigo Canyon Road and Cavaleri Road in Malibu, officials said.
The body of the driver was eventually found in the truck.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST:
- MALIBU CANYON RD CLOSED AT PIUMA DUE TO MAJOR CRASH
- PCH CLOSED IN MALIBU NEAR ZUMA BEACH DUE TO FATAL MOTORCYCLE CRASH
- Malibu Canyon Rock Slide Causing Traffic Delays at Las Virgenes near Pepperdine
- 101 SOUTH (EAST) PAST LAUREL CANYON CLOSED DUE TO BIG RIG CRASH
- MALIBU CYN RD CLOSED AT PIUMA DUE TO HEAD ON CRASH