Larry Marino from our Total Traffic affiliate AM870 KRLA spoke with Metrolink spokesperson Sherita Coffelt. She says the crash happened at 1:10pm south of the Lancaster station with train 207. On board were 37 passengers, all of whom were unhurt. They were bussed to the Lancaster station.
Train 207 becomes 216 when it turns around. The 155 passengers for that train also had to be bussed from Lancaster to stations south of there.
LA County Sheriffs continue to investigate the cause of the collision.
The victim has been identified as a young male. It is unknown why he was on the tracks, but some witnesses believe it may have been a suicide attempt.
Metrolink reports that a bus bridge will transport passengers from Lancaster, Palmdale, and Vincent Grade/Acton to southern stations.
Metrolink trains on the Antelope Valley line are being delayed after a pedestrian was struck near the Lancaster station.
The involved train was Antelope Valley line 207. A bus bridge is being provided to transport passengers on to Lancaster.
Line 209 will operate on schedule. Metrolink is asking passengers to take 218 if you are at the Via Princesa station or any station south of Los Angeles.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST:
- METROLINK ACCIDENT: TRAIN HITS PEDESTRIAN AT MAGNOLIA AND BUCHANNAN IN RIVERSIDE
- PALMDALE AMBER ALERT; POLICE ACTIVITY NEAR AVE P-14, METROLINK STATION
- AMTRAK TRAIN HITS AND KILLS PEDESTRIAN IN ANAHEIM, METROLINK DELAYS 1+ HOURS
- Metrolink Train Hits, Kills Man and Horse in Sun Valley
- SAN ANTONIO AVE IN UPLAND CLOSED AFTER PEDESTRIAN KILLED IN FATAL METROLINK COLLISION