Hollywood Blvd between Highland and Orange has already been closed since Sunday, Feb 13 to set up for the Academy Awards. As the event draws closer, even more streets are slated to be closed around the Kodak Theater and the Hollyood and Highland complex.
Hawthorn Ave between Highland and Orange Drive closes on Friday, Feb 25 just after midnight.
On Saturday, Feb 26:
- Orchid St closes south of Franklin to Orchid Alley at 6am
- Orange Dr closes between Orchid Alley and Hollywood Blvd at 6am
- Johnny Grant Way closes between Highland and Orchid closes at 10pm
On Sunday, Feb 27:
- Orange Dr gets closed further, between Hawthorne and Hollywood Blvd at 12:01am
- 101 NORTH and 101 SOUTH on and off-ramps at Highland get closed
- Restricted access on streets that end at or intersect Hollywood Blvd and Highland Ave
In addition to the street closures, several sidewalks and crosswalks will be closed.
Metro Bus service will be disrupted on lines 156, 212, 222 and 217 beginning at 3am on Sunday. Metro Red Line trains will still run, but bypass the Hollywood and Highland Station.
Next door in West Hollywood, a big after party will be held at the Pacific Design Center. San Vicente Blvd will be closed south of Santa Monica to Melrose.
Everything should be back to normal by 6am on Monday.
Let your OSCAR (r) pools commence!
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST:
- West Hollywood Halloween Carnival Street Closures and Map: Santa Monica, La Cienega, Robertson, San Vicente Closed
- Street Closures for Hollywood Christmas Parade: Sunset, Highland, La Brea, Hollywood, Vine Affected
- AIDS Walk Closures: Santa Monica, La Cienega, Melrose, Beverly, La Brea, San Vicente
- 2011 Grammy Awards Closures: Figueroa, Pico, 12th Affected
- Lindsay Lohan Popped for Speeding on San Vicente in West Hollywood